You are probably reading this article because you have been suffering from a stubborn scar for years, or you perhaps you had a recent operation that has left its mark on your skin. To your relief, you need not have to face the discomfort of people staring at your scar. Nowadays, there are effective treatments available to make your scar disappear, or at least fade it nearly away. In addition, there are scar makeup products that can work their magic to hide your scars.
Long ago, you would have tried all those quick, at-home remedies to get rid of nasty scars, but in vain. With the introduction of newer scar removal products with effective ingredients, you can make your scar smooth and invisible. The trick still lies in finding the right product that will work its wonder from among several other products that will not be effective in removing the scar.
Here is a list of the top scar removal products scar creams that are effective in removing scars. Included is an analysis of the many reviews and effective ingredients of the top scar removal products to make it easier for you to know which one to purchase. Start off your mission of successful scar removal with this article.
1. Dermablend: An Effective Scar Makeup That Provides Full Coverage
Dermablend is one of the top notch brands selling corrective make up products. It’s a range of products, such as creams and powders that can provide the natural sheath to face and whole body. It’s a universal range of products that experts have tested for sensitivity in all skin types.
You can apply the dermablend products on any part of your body to help cover any exposed mark; therefore, it works as a complete scar concealer. According to manufacturers, these products are useful for people dealing with leucoderma, vitiligo and even varicose vein. The best thing about these products is that they do not block pores or cause acne.
Scar cover up using the Dermablend treatment line is easy, because they offer a specific range of products for covering up the scar. In addition, they are also available for simple touch up purposes. Thus, it makes it easy for you to choose the required product based on your skin issues such as simple acne marks to complex issues like stretch marks and rosacea.
2. Revitol Scar Cream: Gets Rid of Acne Scars and Burn Scars
Revitol Scar Cream works by reducing the appearance of scars and helps to eradicate them even if you have them for years. Revitol scar cream reduces scars caused due to cuts, burns, acne and surgery. If your burn scar is raised and deep, you can use specifically designed burn scar makeup to conceal it.
Revitol skin product works by utilizing the healing property of its effective nutrients, vitamins and minerals and shows results in a few weeks of usage. You should apply revitol cream to the target area and massage gently to help the cream penetrate the skin and thereby reduce darkening and discoloration of scare. The main ingredients of revitol are hydroquinone, copper peptide, glycolic acid and onion extract.
3. Mederma Advanced Scar Gel: Helps Treat Even the Most Stubborn Scars
Doctors recommend Mederma Advanced Scar Gel to get rid of stubborn and old scars. It has a high SPF value, which protects the skin from sun. UVA rays from the sun are responsible for causing an adverse effect on the scars; thus making them darker.
The base ingredients of Mederma gel are:
- Onion extract that helps reduce the color of the scar
- Aloe extract that imparts its anti-inflammatory property along with Avobenzone, Octocrylene and Oxybenzone.
The active ingredients work by absorbing the UVA and UVB rays and moisturizing the skin. You can use this scar makeup product on all kinds of scars, but beware, as they might cause discomfort when used on sensitive areas.
4. Dermefface Fx7: Heals Acne Scars and Nourishes Existing Skin
DermeffaceFX7 is a blend of seven clinical approved ingredients, five moisturizers and 10 antioxidants that work together to fade scars and reduce their appearance. According to experts, using it twice daily for four weeks helps achieve prominent results. It is best when applied on fresh scars that are less than two years old.
This scar cream acts by improving the healing action of the underlying skin on the scar. It expedites the normal cell production, which pushes the scarred cells to the surface in order to remove them. With the eradication of scarred skin, fresh and new skin cells are pushed on the skin surface. In addition, it activates the production of collagen for skin revival.
Dermefface is blended with intense moisturizing property in order to intensely hydrate the scar and prevent it from itching and flakiness. You can apply this scar cream as soon as the wound has dried. The sooner you use it, the faster and better will be the scar fading action. You can also Dermefface on old scars; however, the results may not be as pronounced as when you use it on fresh scars.
You can use anti-scar creams such as Dermefface FX7 for the treatments of scars including burn marks, acne scars and even scars brought about by surgery. When using the cream, make sure to keep using the product at least twice a day. Scars tend to mature over time, so if you keep on using the scar cream for several months, you ensure there’s no chance for the scar to appear.
5. SkinPeutics Scar Gel: Works for Old and New Scars, Too
Skinpeutics Scar Gel has some unique ingredients that can work to cure both old and new scars. Scientists at SkinPeutics have worked diligently to produce an ultimate blend of active ingredients in the right combination to give the desired result in the shortest time.
Experts have labelled this product as organic. There are several reviews about SkinPeutics working it wonders on people who have tried other scar creams with no results. The reason it is effective is because:
- It contains collaxyl peptide, which has amazing healing properties. It invokes the skin to regenerate and produce new skin cells in order to accelerate the rate of skin healing.
- Studies have revealed the role of silicone in scar treatment and SkinPeutics makes use of silicone for scar removal.
- Allantoin is another key element for effective scar cure, which is present in this product. It penetrates deeper into the scar and acts upon the keloid tissue in order to break it down.
- It has rose hip oil in it, which moisturizes the scars and reduces their appearance.
6. Acuscar: Makes Your Scars Invisible
Acuscar is a silicone based scar gel, which works effectively against many types of scars including keloid scars too. It is strong enough to inflict its action on both old and new scars.
The Acuscar gel forms a waterproof layer over the scar to keep it moisturized and safe from any irritants. You can apply this cream on your scars daily to make them disappear.
This treatment has an effective blend of silicone ingredients, which help to fight the effects of scarring. It also helps to lessen swelling, redness and itching caused due to scar. Apply this gel on your scar gently and massage in a circular motion. You can wipe away any excess.
The useful thing about this treatment is that you can even apply scar makeup over it, as it forms a sheath over the scar, while working internally to heal it.
7. Derma E Scar Gel: Effectively Reduces Acne Scars
Derma E Scar Gel is particularly effective on acne scars, which are the most common kinds of scars on the face. Manufacturers have tried and tested this scar gel on all kinds of skin types, and they have found it to be effective, even on ultra-sensitive skin.
Manufacturers have carefully chosen the ingredients to ensure fast healing of scars. The effective blend of vitamins, minerals and nutrients make it as one of the beneficial scar treatment. This is because:
- Panthenol is a major ingredient of Derma E Scar Gel.
- The vitamins in it make your skin smooth by moisturizing it, while other ingredients hasten the healing process.
- The vitamin B5 content provides the skin lightening effect. It also provides the skin with an effective barrier to surpass the harmful radiations of the sun.
- It contains onion extract, as well as allicin, which imparts its antibacterial properties.
- The main reason of acne is the presence of bacteria on the skin. Derma E Scar Gel helps eliminate the acne-causing bacteria and keeps your skin clear.
- This effective scar gel dries the scars to slough it off.
The best part is that this gel is budget-friendly, and therefore affordable by many.
8. Murad Post Acne Spot Lightening Gel
This product by Murad treats and repairs the skin and makes it look flawless. It also prevents further breakouts by eradicating the acne causing bacteria. I
You should use this treatment, along with a moisturizer to keep your scar hydrated. Even though it is a bit expensive, you just need a small quantity to apply it on your scars and get quick results. It works because:
- Hydroquinone is the main ingredient of this treatment, which works by lightening the darker areas of the scars.
- Skin purification by the Willow bark and tea tree leaf extract in this gel helps to prevent acne breakouts.
- There is a second step to the treatment recommended by the manufacturer. You should use post acne spot lightening gel to fade the marks of acne.
9. DermaRestore Scar And Stretch Marks Removal Treatment
DermaRestore Stretch Mark and Scar Treatment is a product from the Phoenix Rejuvenation Institute. The institute has a high regard for its unique advancements in skin and hair care products. They have tested and tried all the components, composition and dosage so that the users get best results.
DermaRestore treatment is successful in fading stretch marks and scars. The addition of vitamins, minerals, nutrients, herbs and essential oils in the right amounts help accomplish skin nourishment and healing.
Manufacturers have added around 15 active ingredients in the formula to ensure early healing and effective removal of scar marks.
10. SkinMedica Scar Recovery Gel: Makes Your Skin Crystalline
SkinMedica gel is one of the scar removal creams recommended by numerous doctors. It contains healing ingredients, which are effective against all kinds of scars. SkinMedica supplies the skin with healing properties and help in removing pre-existent scars.
The ingredients of SkinMedica go deep into the skin to remove the scarred skin cells. Some effective ingredients of this treatment are:
- Centelline is used for its antioxidant property. It provides the skin the ability to fight microorganisms and helps to effectively rebalance the skin’s cells.
- Oleuropein provides extra healing to skin.
- African plant sap provides the hydration to prevent dryness.
- The olive leaf extract improves the skin defense and reduces the appearance of pink scar.
11. Proactiv+™ Mark Correcting Pads: Three Step System for Healthy Skin
This treatment consists of correcting wipes, which contain glycolic acid. It works on the dead cells and breaks it down to remove it. This treatment has exfoliating properties that helps with the rejuvenation of the skin. It is most effective against acne blemishes.
The antioxidants present in the treatment help prevent further outbursts of acne by protecting the skin. Salicylic acid has purification activity that work to clean the pores and glycolic acid helps recreates new skin.
The unique thing about this treatment is that it is easy to use because it comes in the form single use wipe sachets. Thus, you do not have to rinse or massage your skin with treatment in order to see results. It is the best product for people who are always on the go, and have little time to spend on skin treatment.
You will be done with your scar removal treatment in just 30 seconds. The treatment requires you to cleanse your face, neck and other areas with the wipe during night. Let it stay there and do not wash off. For best results, use the same treatment in the morning as well.
12. Clean & Clear Advantage Mark Treatment: For Impeccable Skin
Clean & Clear Advantage Mark Treatment helps fight acne and remove the dark spots left by acne. It has salicylic acid and glycolic acid in the perfect combination that seeps into the skin and treat acne and pimples.
This budget friendly formula does its action by smoothing and improving the skin quality. The effective ingredients trigger surface skin turnover, improve the skin’s clarity and reduces the appearance of post-acne marks.
You need to apply the cream on the clean face. You can apply it on the affected areas or your overall skin to improve the skin quality and prevent acne. If you have severe skin issues, you should use it daily for quick results.
You can keep one such treatment handy to have a clear and spotless face at all times.
13. Invincible Scars Advanced Scar Treatment: Fade Hyperpigmentation
Dr Minas Chrysopoulo, a renowned plastic surgeon developed “Invincible” to help women treat their scars.
Scarred cells are present on the deeper layers of the skin, and thus for a scar removal cream to be effective, it should penetrate deep down the bottom skin layers. This cream works effectively due to the fact it:
- Contains a rich constitution of vitamins and nutrients that seeps into skin and increases the removal of scarred cells to unveil fresh and new cells underneath.
- Has an effective moisturizing capacity to prevent the skin from dryness and scaling.
- Also includes vitamin C, which has healing properties to lighten the appearance of scars.
- Comes with antioxidant properties that keep your skin free of germs and microbes.
- Includes other effective ingredients to replenish your skin and prevent skin irritation.
- Comes with silicone as another major ingredient, which provides hydration to your skin.
14. Kinerase Scar Healing Therapy: Therapeutic Scar Treatment
Kinerase has taken over the skin care industry for quite a long time by producing quality products. This scar healing therapy works effectively well to keep your skin glowing and bright.
Keloids are the most settled and thickest scars. This effective scar treatment therapy not only helps to reduce the appearance of keloid scars, but also provides a long term protection to scarring in the future. It imbues your skin with needed vitamins and nutrients to become healthy enough to prevent scars from developing. Experts have clinically tested it and proven it safe to use on sensitive skin.
The Kinerase Scar Healing Therapy contains the necessary ingredients, such as:
- Cyclopentasiloxane, which acts as a moisturizer.
- Silicone derivatives such as phenyl, trimethicone, polysilicone 11, dimethicone and polymethysilsesquioxane, which are used for sealing moisture, provide hydration and improve overall skin health.
15. Oxygenetix Oxygenating Foundation: Formulated to Camouflage Damaged Skin
It is an effective foundation used to camouflage the scar and imparts its healing property to the skin. It is a breathable layer of foundation, which utilizes the patented Ceravitae Complex.
This foundation forms a coating on the scar and heals the skin cells and protects it from further damage from exposure. It works by promoting collagen production and tissue growth. Doctors recommend it to use on post-surgical wounds.
The main ingredients of this foundation are natural components such as aloe gel, vitamin E, grape seed extract, glycerin and salix alba gel.
Scar Makeup Tutorial to Conceal Scars
Even though there are several scar treatments available, they won’t be able to give you instant results. For dark spots, it may take over a month to fade it. So when you have to go out and do not want people staring at your blemishes or scars, using scar makeup product is the best solution. Here are the steps that you should follow:
- Cleanse Your Skin: Wash your skin with a cleanser to make it free of oil. Never apply makeup on skin without cleaning it.
- Primer: Begin with a primer to give your skin a smooth surface. Use clean fingers to apply the primer onto the skin to form a base for the makeup. Let the primer settle in for a few minutes.
- Concealer: The concealer does the job of covering the blemishes. Apply it on the spots in a crisscross direction.
- Smooth It Out: Even out the concealer by patting with your fingers. Do not rub, but pat it in so that it blends. Allow it to set.
- Under Eye Circles: Apply the concealer to the dark circles and other spots on your skin.
Blot with Tissue: Remove any excess makeup by patting with a tissue. Make sure you get a clean and even finish.
- Liquid Foundation: Try to use a brush to apply liquid foundation. Apply it in a gentle, circular motion so that you do not wipe off the concealer layer. You should apply it in small quantities. Allow it a set for a few seconds before dabbing your face powder.
- Powder: You can use pressed powder or loose powder on top off the foundation to keep your makeup intact, so that it stays all day long. You can also use a finishing spray. Finish your makeup by wearing eye makeup and lipstick.
These scar makeup cover up tips will make you look beautiful and boosts your self-confidence too. While using makeup products to cover your scars, you should use an effective scar removal treatment. There are several products available, such as the over-the-counter medication to treat scars. They work by healing the damaged tissue and bringing out the scarred cells to the surface for their removal. Find the one that best suits your skin type and scar type.
One of the instant scar makeup effects is brightened skin tone and smooth finish. When you are using makeup for concealing scars, there is one thing you should keep in mind. Make sure that you don’t cake on a lot of makeup and draw attention to your face. The scar makeup products that you use for hiding your scars should blend naturally into your skins complexion. When your makeup will look immaculate, people will appreciate your beauty instead of staring at your face.