Microdermabrasion is one of the most effective ways to remove skin blemishes and encourage the growth of new, healthier skin. In the past, you could only have this procedure in a clinic or beauty center. Due to modern advancements, however, microdermabrasion at home is now possible.
This is thanks to a number of microdermabrasion machines that you can purchase for your house so that you can work on your face and skin at your own time. The best part is, microdermabrasion is both non-invasive and non-chemical, making it one of the safest skin treatments you can do all on your own.
With the help of a microdermabrasion kit in your home, you can readily work on improving black heads and age spots that have become significantly visible on your face. Aside from this, this treatment can also help reduce the visibility of wrinkles, acne, acne scars and fine lines without using any chemicals. Not to mention, doing microderm at home can also help you remove stretch marks on your body.
15 Machines You Can Buy to Get Started on Microdermabrasion at Home
Here are several microdermabrasion at home products you can buy to get started on your personal microdermabrasion treatments today:
1. Sylvan Home Microdermabrasion Machine – According to many microdermabrasion machine at home reviews, this machine by Sylvan is high quality and can give you the kind of results that you would get from a spa.
It uses a diamond tip and effectively helps reduce any skin imperfections you may have, including fine lines, acne, scarring and even sun spots. Aside from this, this microdermabrasion machine for your home also comes with three heads that allows you to work on your face along with other parts of your body with skin issues. What’s more it’s filters can last for an average of 250 uses before needing replacement, making it an absolute value for money.
Perhaps, what you just need to take note of is that the instruction manual that comes with the Sylvan Home Microdermabrasion Machine is a bit of challenge to understand, so be sure to read it carefully. Also, the suction may be a little hard to clean.
2. Kendal Professional Diamond Microdermabrasion Machine HB-SF02 – This is one of the many microdermabrasion machines available from Kendal. It comes with a total of nine diamond tips, consisting of three large, three medium and three small. One of each size is fine, medium and coarse. These help make sure that you can use the machine to treat a skin blemish easily in any part of your body.
The machine also utilizes a 70cm HG vacuum suction in order to make sure that all the dead skin cells from you skin are removed without a trace. There are also 240 cotton filters you can readily use that comes with the purchase of the machine.
According to many microdermabrasion at home reviews, it is possible that you will feel a lack of vacuum pressure in this machine. If it’s your first time to use this kind of beauty system though, it is more recommended for you.
3. New Spa Portable Diamond Microdermabrasion Machine – This microdermabrasion kit for the home by New Spa promises to make you feel like a skin professional in no time.
New Spa guarantees you’ll be looking like you had an “in salon” treatment once you’ve use this beauty system on yourself. It is easy to use so you’ll never have to feel intimated about using this machine. The best part? it effectively removes or lessens and skin imperfections or scars you may have on your skin.
This microdermabrasion machine for the home comes with two wands and nine diamond tips. Aside from that, you also have an after treatment DMAE Serum and syphate-free facial cleaner included in the kit for your pre-and-post treatment routine. There’s also a New Spa cosmetic headband to keep hair off your face during your beauty routine.
4. Trophy Skin Microderm MD Microdermabrasion Machine – This unique microdermabrasion at home machine combines the wonders of diamond exfoliation treatment with gentle suction to effectively remove any skin blemish on you.
Trophy Skin uses dual action therapy to remove the outer layer of the skin with light abrasion to help reveal your new healthy cells. While this is going on, the machine also gives your skin a gentle suction treatment to help encourage more blood flow to your epidermis, thereby helping rebuild the elastin and collagen in your skin.
This microdermabrasion machine is perfect to have especially when you’re always on the go. You don’t need more than five minutes to have an effective treatment. In case you’re a bit unsure about how to get started, all you have to do is activate the machine’s Auto Mode.
On Auto Mode, you will get a full treatment for both your face and neck in just five minutes. For other parts of your body like the hands, legs, chest and other scarred parts of your skin though, Trophy Skin warns that you may need a bit more time during the treatment.
The best part about this device is that you can immediately start seeing results after just five minutes of treatment. With one use, you can see a reduce appearance of your dark spots, wrinkles, scars and visible pores. You may also be thrilled to know that this machine is perfect even for sensitive skin.
5. PMD Personal Microderm System – When you’re looking for a great microdermabrasion system at home to travel with, look no further than this microderm home system from PMD.
This unique and handy system combines vacuum suction with its patented disc technology. This disc has been made with aluminum oxide crystals that help get rid of dead skin cells and dull cells right on the surface of your skin. The best part is, this spinning disk can exfoliate your skin without having to do any manual scrubbing on it. That means, you can have new soft skin without feeling any discomfort, pain or skin irritation.
On the other hand, PMD’s vacuum system is also unique in itself. Its Calibrated Vacuum Suction system effectively pull your blood flow right to surface of your skin to increase and better circulate it. When this suction technology works its magic, it also essentially starts your skin’s healing process, building up elastin and collagen in your skin so that skin blemishes can become a thing of the past for good.
For more effective results, you can also supplement your use of PMD Personal Microderm system with a scar reduction therapy cream like Dermefface FX7 by Skinception. It’s a fast-absorbing, ultra-safe cream that promises to visibly lighten the appearance of scars on your skin in just four weeks.
6. Trophy Skin Rejuvaderm MD Personal Diamond Microdermabrasion Machine – Like the Microderm MD model, the Rejuvaderm MD Personal Diamond Microdermabrasion Machine by Trophy Skin also uses the company’s unique dual action therapy of suction and light abrasion to give a softer, younger looking skin in just five minutes.
This beauty system is quite lightweight and easy to handle that you can simply stuff it into your travel case, purse or even gym bag. This means, you can work on reducing your skin blemishes just about anytime, anywhere.
Aside from being easy to carry around, you will also be glad to know that Trophy Skin’s Rejuvaderm MD has been proven to reduce wrinkle depth and pore size by as much as 80 percent. It is also effective in treating light spots and hyperpigmentation.
Rejuvederm MD works it magic with utter gentleness that it is safe to use on all parts of your body, including your face, chest, neck, hands and even feet. It’s also great to use on all types of skin so you never have to worry about using it if you have extremely sensitive skin.
7. Trophy Skin Mini MD Microdermabrasion Device – The Mini MD is another microdermabrasion at home handheld device from Trophy Skin that can is capable of going just about anywhere with you to keep your skin healthy, glowing and blemish free.
Just like other microdermabrasion at home machines by Trophy Skin, a treatment with the Mini MD takes no less than five minutes to help reveal a more glowing and youthful you.
With regular treatment, this beauty system can help improve the appearance of any wrinkles, fine lines and acne that has been annoying your face. What’s more, this machine is also proven to effectively improve the appearance of liver spots, age spots, mild scarring, sun-damaged skin and dull skin.
Aside from this, the Mini MD also goes one step further and helps you treat the annoying rough skin on your hands and feet. This microdermabrasion at home machine is also known to be effective against large pores and a skin condition known as Ketosis Pilaris.
8. Kendal SF06 Portable Dermabrasion Machine – It may not be the handiest of machines, but the SF06 Portable Dermabrasion Machine by Kendal still gets a good score when it comes to portability.
After all, this is one of the microdermabrasion at home products that is relatively compact, making it easier to pack and take a long during your travels. This particular model combines the powers of oxygen and water to effectively exfoliate your face and other parts of your body. It removes dead skin cells from your skin and readily hydrates it after extracting your skin impurities so your skin can feel renewed at once.
This machine is said to leave you feeling like you have just stepped out of the spa afterwards. It is an effective home machine that readily gets rid of wrinkles, scars and uneven skin pigmentation for you effortlessly.
9. Kendal BM01 Microdermabrasion Machine – This microdermabrasion at home system by Kendal is said to be just as effective as crystal microdermabrasion system you can get from a beauty center or salon.
It comes with nine tips all in all and professionals recommend that you utilize the beauty system’s funnel-shaped tips for your skin treatments. These are the ones marked as D100 and D120.
The BM01 Microdermabrasion Machine is said to be most effective when it comes to evening out your skin complexion and making your scars disappear. If it is your first time to use this machine, just be sure to use just 50 percent suction first and to not go over a treatment area on your skin for more than thrice.
For most effective results, professionals also recommend using an organic facemask that’s loaded with antioxidants to help cool down your face after the treatment and remove any redness on your skin.
10. Neutrogena Microdermabrasion System – This convenient microdermabrasion at home system from Neutrogena is so light and easy to handle that you now can take it along anywhere you go. This way, you can enjoy having firmer and younger looking skin any time of day.
Unlike other home machines, this system comes with a number of single-use puffs that has been pre-dosed with extremely fine crystals as well as mild purifiers to help exfoliate your skin effectively. Meanwhile, the microderm machine itself features micro-vibrations to help increase your skin’s cell turnover in order to make your skin softer, firmer and much more youthful looking.
According to one clinical study, this microdermabrasion system by Neutrogena is 88 percent effective in visibly improving the appearance of your fine lines in just one week; 88 percent effective in reducing the appearance of both your age spots and wrinkles in just four weeks; 72 percent in making your skin firmer in just eight weeks and 91 percent in making your skin smoother, more stunning and more luminous instantly.
This microdermabrasion system by Neutrogena comes with 12 rejuvenative puffs, a microdermabrasion applicator and an attachment head that is powered by two AA batteries.
11. Diamond Microdermabrasion (MD) Machine – When you need a microdermabrasion at home machine that you can truly count on, you should consider getting this beauty system by Diamond.
It is a reliably powerful microderm at home machine that comes with a double stage filtration system to make sure that all the dead skin cells that have been removed from your skin are easy to clean off the beauty system.
This system is also known to be effective in bringing out your skin’s natural glow. You finish your treatment feeling more revitalized than you have ever been in weeks. For most effective results, use this machine on your skin regularly.
12. Kendal HB-MF02 2 In 1 Microdermabrasion Machine – If you have long been dealing with a number of skin imperfections, nothing is more equipped to deal with them all than this two-in-one microdermabrasion at home machine by Kendal.
Its unique feature works by scrubbing away any dead and dull skin cells on your face and skin while also invigorating it to naturally bring out your inner glow. Today, this machine is also known to reverse any sign of aging on your face by removing your wrinkles, fine lines, sunspots and even sights of hyperpigmentation.
13. At Home NV60 Microdermabrasion Machine – This microdermabrasion at home machine by At Home is known to be among the gentlest of exfoliators for your face as it neither uses chemicals nor crystals that may readily irritate extremely sensitive skin.
Because it’s quite gentle, this beauty system is recommended for use on all skin types. It clears up your skin efficiently without having to worry about experiencing any side effects. This is why this also a highly recommended machine to use if you are still a microderm beginner.
14. Kendal 3 in 1 Professional Diamond Microdermabrasion Machine – If you need a professional machine that will treat your skin and pamper you at the same time, you need to get yourself this 3 in 1 Professional Diamond Microdermabrasion Machine by Kendal.
It not only scrubs off dead skin cells from your skin effectively, it also massages it to give you a more spa-like experience during your personal beauty treatment. According to several microdermabrasion at home machine reviews, it is also effective in minimizing the appearance of your wrinkles and even making your scars fade away.
15. Macroderma Professional – microdermabrasion at home system by Macroderma is said to be one of the highest rated beauty systems of its kind. Unlike other machines, it uses both crystals and diamonds to make sure that your skin and face will be well-exfoliated. The best part is the machine is also compatible with other branded tips so that you can readily buy a new tip from just about any beauty store near you.
When using this machine, just be sure that you are using the right diamond heads for your skin type. Ideally, you should not use anything that is too rough so that you don’t suffer from excessive redness or skin irritation.
Two Kinds of Microdermabrasion Machine for Home Use
No matter how many brands you encounter when shopping for a microdermabrasion machine, there are basically two types of this beauty system that you can choose from. Understanding them will allow you to choose which microdermabrasion machine can best help you treat blemishes like acne and acne scars at home.
The first type of microdermabrasion at home machine is the crystal machine. It is typically offered as a handheld device or wand that you can easily bring along with you even when you’re traveling.
This crystal wand works by forming a vacuum the moment the it comes into contact with your skin. The said crystals are made up of sodium chloride (salt), sodium bicarbonate or aluminum oxide. These are blasted throughout the surface of your skin, which then helps effectively remove all of your dead skin cells. Afterwards, these unwanted dead skin cells are sucked off into a different tube from the wand so you don’t have to worry about them anymore.
On the other hand, a diamond microdermabrasion machine at home also come in a handheld form, but is known for its unique diamond tip. Unlike the crystal microdermabrasion machine, it doesn’t use any crystals to effectively exfoliate your skin.
Instead, the diamond tip is used to help slough off the dead skin cells from the surface of your skin and face. When that is done, a vacuum finishes the job by sucking up all of the dead skin cells. Just note that the roughness of the diamond tip you can use depends on your skin’s condition and type. If unsure, you can ask a dermatologist what kind of diamond tip is right for you.
A Word About Using a Microdermabrasion at Home Machine
You may now be ready to get your microdermabrasion treatments at home started. Before you turn on your machine though, it helps to keep in mind a few things to make sure that you are always safely treating your face and other parts of your body:
- Make sure you are properly trained to use the microdermabrasion at home machine that you have chosen. Look at the manual and read it carefully. If there is anything that is still quite unclear to you, go ahead and read it again.
If it helps more, you can also look up the machine you got online and look for some instructional videos. The idea is to make sure you know how to operate the machine before you even try it on your skin. This way, you are sure that you can safely treat yourself.
- Ideally, you should not try microdermabrasion if you have an overly sensitive skin. If you are suffering from diabetes or any vascular condition such as skin inflammation, rosacea, bacterial infection, keloid scarring, lack of tactile sensation or even abrasions and cuts, it’s best not to go through with the treatment at all. Consult with your dermatologist or physician first to be safe.
At the same time, it is also not a good idea to try microdermabrasion on your skin if you have just had botox less than 72 hours ago. Meanwhile, other contraindications to a microdermabrasion at home treatment include, herpes simplex, viral infections and anti-coagulant drugs.
- Remember to apply sunscreen and to avoid sun exposure after your treatment. Staying indoors post treatment is much better for your skin.
Whether you want to look younger and have smoother skin or you are looking to get rid of unwanted skin blemishes such as acne, acne scars, wrinkles, fine lines and age spots, a proper microdermabrasion at home can help make visible improvements on your skin without the need for any invasive surgery. What’s more, it renews your skin, revealing a more glowing you.
If you’re not sure if a microdermabrasion at home is right for you, consult with your dermatologist before even deciding to purchase your first personal microdermabrasion system.